The cost of charging an electric car at the station depends on the charging station. The charging fee of the charging station depends on the power adapter like AC and DC from the charging station. The entire EV battery charging cost is billed according to the power consumption of the charging station.
The Simple Formula to Calculate the Charging Cost of a Car Is:-
Size of battery (kWh) x Electricity cost of your supplier (pence per kilowatt-hour) = Total cost of an electric vehicle battery from empty to full.
In this article, we will tell you how much cost has to be paid to charge the car at the charging station. This good news is for every person who has taken an electric vehicle or is thinking of taking it. The hardest part of maintaining an electric car is charging it. It is of setting doe type:-
- Normal Charging
- Fast Charging
1. Normal Charging – consists of AC onboard charging, in which a charger is installed on the wall of your home, which converts the incoming alternating current into direct current, which is used to charge the battery. It occurs. Normal charging is the very cheapest way to charge your electric vehicle at your home.
2. Fast Charging – This is a great way to charge the car quickly so that your electric vehicle can be charged up to the entire battery in a short time. For more information, we are going to tell you further. this type of charging is Known as DC Fast Charging. DC Powered Charging station charges your vehicle battery with direct DC Power.
Explain Types of Ev Chargers With Cost
Electric vehicle chargers are divided into these three categories. The charging of this star is called 3-level charging.
- Level 1 Charger (Slow Charging)
A level 1 charger is called a standard charger, also known as a wall charger. This charger is capable of running around 100v to 120v alternating current. It charges the battery in about 8 to 12 hours; it all depends on the capacity of the car battery and how big the battery is. This charger takes approximately 10 to 15 units to charge the car. If the unit rate in your area is Rs 20, i.e., 0.15 cents, your vehicle is around 15 * 20 = 300. Your car is getting charged from a standard charger for 300 rupees and $ 3.80 in dollars.
- Level 2 Charger (Standard Charging)
This charger is called a standard charger because this charger does not take much time to charge a car battery like a level 1 charger takes. This charger operates on approximately 240v to 400v alternating current. It charges the car battery in 5 to 6 hours. The cost of this charger is more than the slow charger. Such chargers are used in public places.
- Level 3 Charger (Rapid Charging)
The Level 3 Charger is the best and fastest Electric Wheels battery charger ever. It works with the help of a direct current, which directly charges the car battery without the use of any converter. It charges the car in about an hour and does 80% in 45 minutes. This fast-charging station costs more than the other two level chargers, as it charges from 500 to 1000 rupees or around $ 15 for charging.
Rates for all types of chargers are not common; charging rates vary by time and location. Every Charging Station has its Own Rate List. This list is given below Country Wise.
|Power Cost||10 to 15 Per Unit|
|Full Charge Units Consumption||20 to 40|
|Total Cost of Charge||200 to 500|
|Power Cost||$0.30 to $0.60 Per Kwh|
|Total Cost of Charge||$10 to $50 for a Full Charge|